Christmas memories: Sitting in Rosa Parks bus seat and singing with the sisters in a New Orleans Congo Square Kwanzaa | Examiner.com

I had a profound experience last Christmas. An experience that took me outside my life and transported me to a time I never lived and a place I've never been. The memory of it lingers like a song I never heard yet seems vaguely familiar. Especially on Martin Luther King Jr. Day and always during Black History Month. So what's the big deal? I sat in Rosa Parks' bus seat. The one, on December 1, 1955, she refused to vacate when a white man wanted it. An act sparked the Montgomery bus boycott and propelled Woolworth Lunch Counter protests, freedom riders and other Civil Rights demonstrations. All because of one brave little rebel lady.  MLK Jr Day: Detroit's Rosa Parks bus to Treme Congo Square Kwanzaa | Examiner.com

No comments:

Followers